[openstack-dev] [all][third-party][ci] Announcing CI Watch - Third-party CI monitoring tool

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Aug 25 00:43:50 UTC 2015

On 08/24/2015 07:59 PM, Skyler Berg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce CI Watch [1], a CI monitoring tool developed at
> Tintri. For each OpenStack project with third-party CI's, CI Watch shows
> the status of all CI systems for all recent patch sets on a single
> dashboard.
>
> CI maintainers can use this tool to pinpoint when errors began and to
> find other CI's affected by the similar issues. Core team members can
> find which vendor CI systems are failing and determine when breaking
> changes hit their projects. The project dashboards provide access to all
> relevant logs and reviews, simplifying the process of investigating
> failures.
>
> CI Watch should also create more transparency within the third-party CI
> ecosystem. The health of all CI's is now visible to everyone in the
> community. We hope that by giving everyone this visibility we will make
> it easier for anyone to find and address issues on CI systems.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated. We plan to open source this project
> soon and welcome contributions from anyone interested. For the moment,
> any bugs, concerns, or ideas can be sent to openstack-dev at tintri.com.
>
> [1] ci-watch.tintri.com
>
> Best,
> Skyler Berg

Hi Skyler:

Thanks for your interest in participating in the third party segment of
the openstack community.

We have a number of people working on dashboards for ci systems. We are
working on having infra host one: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194437/

which is a tool currently hosted by one of our ci operators, Patrick
East, which is open source.

Can I suggest you attend a third party meeting and perhaps meet some of
the other operators and collaborate with them?

We don't have any lack of people starting tools what we lack is a tool
which will be maintained.

Thanks for your interest Skyler,
Anita.