[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:22:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following is the subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled
directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
As of Mon, Aug 24 (diff with Aug 10)
- Open: 141 (-1). 5 new (-1), 50 in progress, 0 critical, 13 high (+1) and
9 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 25. 1 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
===================
(sukhdev gave update this week while jroll is on vacation)

- We are in the middle of integration testing and have discovered some
issues, which we are addressing
- One of the blocker is the authentication issue when ironic driver makes
create_port() request to neutron - the context is not set correctly, hence
it is rejected
    - It's an Ironic admin context, not Nova User context
    - lazy_prince is investigating
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-neutron-mid-cycle

ironic-lib adoption (dtantsur)
======================
- devstack patch needs review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212491/
- project-config patch needs review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212495/

Nova Liaisons (jlvillal & mrda)
=======================
- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova-Ironic-Bugs
- Nova bug scrub each Tuesday

Doc (pshige)
==========
- "Change and edit of Ironic Installation Guide" merged.
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/191900/
- Next we’ll decide with docs team, what to do in this cycle.

Testing (adam_g/jlvillal)
==================
 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166386/ has not landed yet, and it makes
kittens sad

Inspector (dtansur)
===============
- Proposed making dsvm job voting on ironic-inspector itself:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/209050/

Bifrost (TheJulia)
=============
- Enroll support via shade is still in review
- Review proposed to rename bifrost's main gate job and add a second
non-voting job.
- The main gate job should be suitable to be added to help gate Ironic.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=========================
- CORS is still broken because pxe tests :
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199769/

Drivers
======

DRAC (ifarkas/lucas)
----------------------------
- fixing jenkins jobs - openwsman library is required to install pywsman
from pypi with matching versions for both

iLO (wanyen)
------------------
- Standalone ilo driver changes in progress.  Spec merged:
https://review.openstack.org/193478. One code patch merged. One under
review:https://review.openstack.org/198656

iRMC (naohirot)
---------------------
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z

two major  issues described in the spec and the POC code review)
- Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
    - bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-power-off-and-inject-nmi

- iRMC out of band inspection
    - bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery

- iRMC Virtual Media Deploy Driver
    - follow up patch to fix nits

https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z

- Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
    - bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi

- iRMC out of band inspection
    - bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery

- iRMC Virtual Media Deploy Driver
    - follow up patch to fix nits

OneView (gabriel-bezerra/thiagop)
- Spec merged!
- Code under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/191822/
- We're starting to set up the 3rd party CI on experimental pipeline

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard