[openstack-dev] [openstack][manila]How to change the network of manila without affecting the existing service

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Mon Aug 24 13:42:40 UTC 2015

On 08/23/2015 09:01 PM, 陈迪豪 wrote:
> We has deployed manila service in production. But we have found some
> problems when deploy it in 240.0.0.0/8 which is blocked by Windows.
> That means Windows users can't use the file system service if we're
> deploying it in this network.

240.0.0.0/8 is a class E address, which is invalid, so blocking by your
OS is correct behavior. You should use one of the RFC1918 IP address
ranges for actual traffic.

> I'm wondering how can we change the network of manila without
> affecting the existing service?
>
> Can we leave the existing virtual machines which continue to serve
> while restarting manila with the new configuration? Does it work for
> the existing service?

Manila doesn't offer a way to change the network accessibility of
existing shares. In the future we'll be able to do share network changes
and migrations, but today you have the following options:
* If you're using a driver with share servers, create a new share
network with the correct network subnet and create new shares using that
network.
* If you're using a driver without share servers, simply reconfigure
your storage controller, and restart the Manila service.

-Ben