[openstack-dev] [all] PTL/TC candidate workflow proposal for next elections

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sat Aug 22 23:15:24 UTC 2015

On 08/21/2015 11:02 PM, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
> I'm struggling to think of a way this might help enable discussions between
> nominees and voters about their platforms. Since the tooling will send out
> the nomination announcements the only real noise that is reduced is the
> "nomination confirmed" type emails.
>
> While I think this sounds really neat, I'm not convinced that it'll
> actually reduce noise on the mailing list if that was the goal. I realise
> the primary goal is to help the election officials, but perhaps we can
> achieve both of these by a separate mailing list for both nomination
> announcements and also platform discussions? This could be a first step and
> then once we have the tooling to confirm a nominees validity we could
> automate that first announcement email still.

Separate repo, separate mailing list, the thing I think we agree on is
separation.

I personally didn't want to get into the tussle that is having a
separate mailing list so thought up separate repo as something that is
different enough it didnt' have a past history of needing to drag in
prior arguments.

It is up to the officials but I definitely agree that tooling/workflow
needs to be adjusted to address the increase in volume of candidates
that will need to be tended to during the upcoming election cycle.

Thanks,
Anita.