[openstack-dev] [all][release] ACL for library-release team for release:managed projects

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Aug 22 21:34:36 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Ben Swartzlander's message of 2015-08-21 22:38:59 -0400:

> On 08/21/2015 06:25 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > In the governance repo a number of libraries are marked with
> > release:managed tag:
> > http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml
> >
> > However, some of these libraries do not have appropriate ACL in the
> > project:config repo:
> > http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/gerrit/acls/openstack
> >
> > For example a quick scan shows that the following repos are marked
> > release:managed and do not have the right ACL:
> > python-kiteclient
> > python-designateclient
> > python-ironic-inspector-client
> > python-manilaclient
> > os-client-config
> > automaton
> > python-zaqarclient
> >
> > So PTL's, either please fix the governance repo to remove
> > release:managed or add appropriate ACL in the project-config repo as
> > documented in:
> > http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html#creation-of-tags
> >

> I'm an offender here (python-manilaclient). I'm happy to make this
> change but how do I find out about the "library-release" group and the
> process for pushing tags? Currently I just do it, and I'm happy to move
> to a more "managed" method but I'd like to know how library releases are
> managed before I make this change.

The process is documented in the README within the releases repository:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/README.rst

We made this change a while back, and I apparently missed some gerrit
ACL files at the time.

Doug