[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra][third-party][CI][nodepool]Using Nodepool for creating slaves.

Asselin, Ramy ramy.asselin at hp.com
Sat Aug 22 00:33:30 UTC 2015

Hi Abhi,

That’s correct. The ‘elements’ are used to setup the Jenkins slave.

Regarding how the image is built. I think the instructions are clear, but I wrote them. Let me know which part is not clear.

Step 3 in the readme link your reference is the command to build the image.
nodepool image-build <image-name>
The image-name is what you have in the nodepool.yaml file.

You may run into issues because the elements defined by openstack-infra  may not work in your environment. In that case, you’ll have to override them.

Step 4 starts nodepool, which will use the image built in step 3 and upload it to your providers.
You can manually upload it using
nodepool image-upload all <image-name>

Ramy