[openstack-dev] [stable] [infra] How to auto-generate stable release notes

Kuvaja, Erno kuvaja at hp.com
Fri Aug 21 14:00:33 UTC 2015

I do not like about the time to time tagging either, but I don't think it's totally horrible situation. Lets say we tag every even week Wednesday and in event of OSSA.

The big problem with every commit being release in stable is that lots of tooling around git really doesn't care if the reference is branch or tag in branch X. Say I can't remember how I named my branch I'm working on and I do `git checkout <tab><tab>` there is difference if that list suddenly is on hundreds rather than dozens. So yes some level of deprecation period to clean those old tags would be great at the point we stop support for certain branches.

I do realize that I'm not the git guru, so if there is really simple way to configure that, please let me know and ignore the above. ;)

- Erno