[openstack-dev] [nova] should we combine a set of minor microversion bump needed fix into one microversoin bump?

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:08:25 UTC 2015

On Aug 20, 2015, at 5:40, Alex Xu <hejie.xu at intel.com> wrote:

> So user may wrote client like this:
>
> if response.status == 500 and ‘OverQuota’ in response.message:
>     …..

I thought we're not supporting that type of case. My understanding is that we should never be returning 500 and if we are, it's a bug fix to change it to an appropriate error status code without version bumps. I find it in the documentation [1][2] too.

-melanie (irc: melwitt)

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_microversion_dev.html#when-do-i-need-a-new-microversion
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/evaluating_api_changes.html