[openstack-dev] [neutron][fwaas][dvr] FWaaS with DVR

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Aug 19 18:26:20 UTC 2015

Great writeup, I think this is an excellent starting place for our
efforts moving forward.

There is also some information on an accepted spec about firewall
insertion[1], search for the phrase "Phase 2" where firewalls can be
associated with ports - and also some of my thinking about having FwaaS
consume the networking-sfc project's proposed API, since that could help
describe firewall insertion - although I don't know if we'd expose it to
the user and have them use the SFC API to insert their firewalls, or if
maybe in the FwaaS API we can take a list of ports like described in
[1], and then consume the SFC API in the backend.

At the very least, we're going to have lots to talk about in Tokyo :)

[1]: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/kilo/fwaas-router-insertion.html

--
Sean M. Collins