[openstack-dev] Cross-project meeting times

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 19 14:33:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-19 08:17:06 -0500 (-0500), Anne Gentle wrote:
> In last week's TC Highlights blog post [1] I asked if there is interest in
> moving the cross-project meeting. Historically it is held after the TC
> meeting, but there isn't a requirement for those timings to line up. I've
> heard from European and Eastern Standard Time contributors that it's a
> tough time to meet half the year.

I'm in USA EST/EDT and it's not been particularly inconvenient for
me, though I don't have children or keep a strict "business hours"
schedule so perhaps that's why.

> It's also a bit early for APAC, my apologies for noting this but
> still proposing to meet earlier.

Yeah, I'm not especially keen on ostracizing APAC for the sake of
EMEA or the Americas, but I get that there's never a perfect time
for everyone on the planet.

> I'd like to propose a new cross-project meeting time, 1800
> Tuesdays. To that end I've created a review with the proposed
> time:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/214605
>
> Please take a look, see if you think it could work, and let us
> know either on this list or the review itself.

It's worth acknowledging that this conflicts with the Keystone
meeting, and we do normally have decent Keystone representation in
the current time slot.
--
Jeremy Stanley