[openstack-dev] [Heat] Bugs for Rackspace resources that use scheduler tasks

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 19 09:22:40 UTC 2015

Hi Randall, Jason

this is re bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1393268

As most of in-tree resources are now fixed in this regard, Steve Baker
asked me to create separate bugs for Rackspace resources from Heat's
contrib that need fixing. As I am not comfortable with messing around in
those resources (and I remember I've talked with Randall about this last
summit), I have assigned those bugs to Randall first so you can spread them
between your heat team.

Not sure when/if you guys will switch to convergence, so I've made those
bugs about using scheduler.TaskRunner objects as Medium (those are must for
convergence phase 2), and those where only rich objects are passed around
as Low.

Bugs in question are:
- Rackspace Cloud Network https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1486464
  (this one is easy, it almost does "the right thing" already), priority Low
- Rackspace Cloud LoadBalancer https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1486463
  (this one is bad, especially the update logic), priority Medium

Best regards,
--
Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer