[openstack-dev] [QA][tempest] schema extensions

Tikkanen, Viktor (Nokia - FI/Espoo) viktor.tikkanen at nokia.com
Wed Aug 19 05:53:48 UTC 2015

Thank you for the references!

I'm afraid that not all the currently used additional properties can
be upstreamed as such (some of them contain e.g. references to vendor's
own SW products) but we will probably discuss this possibility with the
vendor in the future.

> As the above mails, current schemas are blocking additional properties for
> * (community devs) accidental additional properties without a new
> microversion
> * (interoperability) vendor-specific properties
>
> Technically, it is possible to relax this additional properties
> validation on Tempest side because we have implemented similar feature
> on Nova side[1].
> But before that, I'd like to know whether that is a right direction or not.
>
> Thanks
> Ken Ohmichi
> ---
> [1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193858/

IMO it is not a right direction to permanently relax additional properties
validation (for the reasons mentioned above). Actually currently I have to
update only the value of additionalProperties in few places. Of course,
a common parameter like allow_additional_api_properties (or so) would ease
the patching but let's see if somebody else is interested in it...

-Viktor