[openstack-dev] [all][api] New API Guidelines ready for cross project review

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 17:35:05 UTC 2015

On 08/11/2015 10:28 AM, michael mccune wrote:
> 1. Add new guideline for HTTP Headers
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186526/
>
> 2. Add advice on when to use POST or PUT in create
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181912/
>
> 3. Clarify the return code when server have hard-code length limit
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181784/
>
> if the API Working Group hasn't received any further feedback, we'll
> merge them on August 18.

these are slated for merge today, but each has a few comments
surrounding minor nit-type improvements. should we merge these as is and
create fix patches, or can we add the changes and merge?

i realize that according to our process[1], these are technically good
to merge as there is not enough -1 consensus to stop them. i just wanted
to ask the group before pushing ahead.

mike

[1]: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/process.html