[openstack-dev] [UX] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Steve Martinelli stevemar at ca.ibm.com
Tue Aug 18 03:19:17 UTC 2015

Paging support for certain Keystone constructs seems reasonable to me
(roles, domains and projects). But as Adam Young just wrote in [0], though
possible for our SQL backends, why? Do you really expect deployments to
have 100s of roles/domains/projects?

IMO groups probably should not have paging, as with users, they can be
owned by another identity source as well.

A minor note about paging through LDAP; in my experience LDAP paging
usually requires an administrator authenticate/bind, which most users
likely are not, and still uses it's own server side settings to determine
how many results to return.

[0]
http://openstack.markmail.org/search/?q=keystone#query:keystone%20list%3Aorg.openstack.lists.openstack-dev%20order%3Adate-backward
+page:1+mid:kdw5wf5tcc6ad36j+state:results

Thanks,

Steve Martinelli
OpenStack Keystone Core