[openstack-dev] [nova] compute <-> conductor and version compatibility

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Mon Aug 17 15:19:09 UTC 2015

> Is this documented somewhere?
>
> I did a bit of digging and couldn't find anywhere that explicitly
> required that for the J->K upgrade.  Certainly it was documented for the
> I->J upgrade.

It's our model, so I don't think we need to document it for each cycle
since we don't expect it to change. We may need more general coverage
for this topic, but I don't expect the release notes to always mention it.

This isn't formal documentation, but it's relevant:

http://www.danplanet.com/blog/2015/06/26/upgrading-nova-to-kilo-with-minimal-downtime/

--Dan