[openstack-dev] [devstack] Possible issues cryptography 1.0 and os-client-config 1.6.2

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 08:45:40 UTC 2015

> > Do we want to make it a default to True for users of DevStack? I think it
> > may be worth considering since I'm not familiar with this issue with
> crypto
> > and having something that protects devs who are trying to work on stuff
> and
> > using DevStack , sounds good. Less cryptic day to day breakage for new
> > developers just getting started and using DevStack is a goal I have, long
> > term (where possible).
> >
> > Putting it another way, do you believe that *not* using constraints is
> the
> > exception, not the norm?
>
> I think it would make sense to promote this to defaut.... now that
> we've had it in place for a month without the world ending; and now
> that we've got the updates and syncing with new releases all moving
> smoothly.

Would it not make better sense to set this as a default in devstack (so all
developers aren't stuck with the same problem), but then also ensure that
there is at least one gate check which does not use it so that issues with
newer libraries outside of the constraints are uncovered.

I see this as a way of keeping the development moving, but also uncovering
upstream bugs which the smaller community of developers who work on
upstream libraries can work to resolve.

Jesse
IRC: odyssey4me