[openstack-dev] [kolla][gnocchi] Source build dependency on postgresql-devel

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sun Aug 16 14:57:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

In Kolla we are packaging gnocchi in a container.  It has a dependency on pg_config as part of the build system.  I’d like to know from a gnocchi expert if this build time dependency relies on postgresql configured in some way, or does it just look for standard library paths?

The reason is we run each service as a micro-service meaning each binary runs in a separate container.  If gnocchi relies on postgres configuration to do its build operation, it would mean we would have to run postgresql in our container at the same time as gnocchi.  I have big concerns with that – less concerned about image size bloat (the case of just looking at library paths).

Answers welcome and if my question wasn’t clear please ask.

Thanks!
-steve