[openstack-dev] [UX] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:15:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 2:26 PM Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/14/2015 12:43 PM, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> > 1- Do users want to page through search results?
> Does not matter:  in Federation, the User list is not available.

Let's back up here for a sec: A user wants to page a list of data. This is
something horizon needs, traditionally relying on keystone, and now
keystone has broken backwards compatibility for horizon because of one use
case, without taking responsibility for it and providing (with code) a good
alternative. Furthermore, you and your team are saying "You should go use a
different service that's better at this", which is basically saying "We
live in this silo, we don't have to care about other silo's".

You broke backwards compatibility. It's your responsibility to address it.

The other argument I'm hearing here is that keystone is responsible for
authentication and authorization, but not user management. I actually agree
with this, but nobody's started a user management service and/or its
delegation plugins, so now we have a rather large hole in horizon's
features, late in a release cycle, and nobody has the resources to address
it. What do you propose to do about it?

Michael