[openstack-dev] [UX] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:43:06 UTC 2015

I don't have a horse in the "What should keystone support" race. I do,
however, need to point out that any UX argument made about how a UI should
work should, at this point, ask the OpenStack UX program for help! Thus
I've changed the topic of this email to make sure Piet and the UX teams get
a chance to respond.

It feels like we have four UX assumptions, which I feel should be converted
into questions:
1- Do users want to page through search results?
2- Do users want to page through filter results? (do they use filter
results?)
3- If they want to page, do they want to be able to go back a page and/or
know their current page?
4- How much do users care about small data inconsistencies (i.e. ordering
of record sets changing from page-to-page).

Also, from personal experience, it is impossible to make a "search"
implementation that users, especially enterprise users, trust. I personally
blame Sharepoint for that.

Michael