[openstack-dev] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 14 12:46:40 UTC 2015

Hello, Keystone folks!

I've just discovered an unfortunate fact that Horizon pagination for
Tenants/Projects list that worked with Keystone v2 doesn't work with
Keysone v3 anymore - its API call simply lacks the 'marker' and 'limit'
parameters [1] that Horizon is relying upon. Meanwhile having looked
through [2] and [3] I'm a bit confused: while Keystone v3 API states it
supports [2] pagination for every kind of entities (by using 'page' and
'per_page' parameters), the related blueprint [3] is not yet approved,
meaning that most likely the API implementation did not make it into
existing Keystone codebase. So I wonder whether there are some plans to
implement pagination for Keystone API calls that list its entities?

P.S. I'm aware of SearchLight project that tries to help Horizon with other
OpenStack APIs (part of its mission), what I'm trying to understand here is
are we going to have some fallback pagination mechanism for Horizon's
Identity in a short-term/mid-term perspective.

[1] http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-identity-admin-v2.html
[2] http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-identity-v3.html
[3] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/pagination