[openstack-dev] [Fuel][MOS][Bootstrap] Please try Ubuntu bootstrap in MOS 7.0

Mikhail Semenov msemenov at mirantis.com
Thu Aug 13 15:39:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We have new feature in the upcoming release MOS 7.0 - Ubuntu-based
bootstrap in addition to current CentOS-based one. Design spec can be found
here <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194154/>.

Current 7.0 ISO contains 2 bootstrap images: CentOS-based (default) and
Ubuntu-based. You can easily switch to Ubuntu-based bootstrap using this
steps:
1. Make sure the master node can access Ubuntu (
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu) and MOS (
http://mirror.fuel-infra.org/mos-repos) APT repositories.
2. Run the following command on the master node:
*fuel-bootstrap-image-set ubuntu*
3. Just in a case restart dnsmasq:
*dockerctl shell cobbler service dnsmasq restart*
4. Reboot the slave nodes.

There are only 2 weeks left for testing. On 08/27 we will make a decision
about using Ubuntu bootstrap by default in MOS 7.0. It depends on the test
results and statistics(more deployments - more confidence).

I want to ask everyone to try new Ubuntu bootstrap. Please, deploy it on
your environments and file bugs in case of failures. It's most important
for *partners* *and* *plugin developers*. Feel free to contact Alexei
Sheplyakov(feature lead) and me in case of questions.

Michael