[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Consistent functional test failures (seems infra not have enough resource)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 13 13:13:15 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-13 19:38:07 +0800 (+0800), Kai Qiang Wu wrote:
> I did talked to infra, which I think it is resource issue, But
> they thought it is nova issue,
[...]

No, I said the error was being raised by Nova, so was not an error
coming _from_ the infrastructure we manage. If your jobs are more
resource-intensive than a typical devstack/tempest job, you'll want
to look at ways to scale them back.

> It is 20GB disk space, so failed for that.

Correct, we run jobs on resources donated by public service
providers. Some of them only provide a 20GB root disk. There's
generally an ephemeral disk mounted at /opt with additional space if
you can modify your job to leverage that for whatever is running out
of space.

> I think it is related with this, the jenkins allocated VM disk
> space is not large. I am curious why it failed so often recently.
> Does os-infra changed something ?

Nothing has been intentionally changed with our disk space on job
workers as far as I'm aware. Different workers have varying root
disk sizes depending on the provider where they were booted, but
they could be as small as 20GB so your job will need to take that
into account.
--
Jeremy Stanley