[openstack-dev] [Keystone] [Horizon] Federated Login

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 21:46:54 UTC 2015

Hi Jamie

I have been thinking some more about your Coke and Pepsi use case
example, and I think it is a somewhat spurious example, for the
following reasons:

1. If Coke and Pepsi are members of the SAME federation, then they trust
each other (by definition). Therefore they would not and could not
object to being listed as alternative IdPs in this federation.

2. If Coke and Pepsi are in different federations because they dont
trust each other, but they have the same service provider, then their
service provider would be a member of both federations. In this case,
the SP would provide different access points to the different
federations, and neither Coke nor Pepsi would be aware of each other.

regards

David