[openstack-dev] [TaskFlow] Cross-run persistence

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:31:03 UTC 2015

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Is that what u are looking for? (or possibly something else?),

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t had time to dig into it much further, but I’m not sure that’s what I’m looking for (unless I’m missing something in initial configuration. What I have tried so far is something to the effect of:

store = {‘foo’: ‘bar’}
class MyAuthTask(task.Task):
    default_provides = ‘auth_token’

    def execute(self):
        return ‘mytoken'

engine = engines.load(flow, …, store=store)
engine.run()
print(store)

What I’m trying to get at is to selectively persist the token. In this case, after engine execution, values injected to the store are no longer there. If I understand how the engine works (which I may not, I’ve only been looking into this /very/ lightly over the last few days), as tasks are executed, what they provide is injected into the store. Unless you specifically tell the system to not purge /anything/ from the store, all will be lost once the engine is complete. I also don’t want to /all/ data to persist, but only select items (i.e. tokens).

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks again,
Demian

-------
GPG Fingerprint: 9530 B4AF 551B F3CD A45C  476C D4E5 662D DB97 69E3