[openstack-dev] [Stable][Nova] VMware NSXv Support

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:12:59 UTC 2015

On 15:39 Aug 11, Gary Kotton wrote:

> On 8/11/15, 6:09 PM, "Jay Pipes" <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Are you saying that *new functionality* was added to the stable/kilo
> >branch of *Neutron*, and because new functionality was added to
> >stable/kilo's Neutron, that stable/kilo *Nova* will no longer work?
>
> Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. The issues is as follows. The NSXv
> manager requires the virtual machines VNIC index to enable the security
> groups to work. Without that a VM will not be able to send and receive
> traffic. In addition to this the NSXv plugin does not have any agents so
> we need to do the metadata plugin changes to ensure metadata support. So
> effectively with the patches: https://review.openstack.org/209372 and
> https://review.openstack.org/209374 the stable/kilo nova code will not
> work with the stable/kilo neutron NSXv plugin.

<snip>

> So what do you suggest?

This was added in Neutron during Kilo [1].

It's the responsibility of the patch owner to revert things if something
doesn't land in a dependency patch of some other project.

I'm not familiar with the patch, but you can see if Neutron folks will accept
a revert in stable/kilo. There's no reason to get other projects involved
because this wasn't handled properly.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144278/

--
Mike Perez