[openstack-dev] [Monasca] Minutes for Monasca mid-cycle meetup

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 07:53:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Hochmuth, Roland M wrote:

> The minutes for the meetup are at,
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/monasca_liberty_mid_cycle. If anyone
> would like to discuss further or would like further clarification please
> let me know.

Thanks for posting that and the linked etherpads.

One thing I noticed was a section on summit activities about joint
sessions with other projects. I'd like to encourage Monasca folk and
Ceilometer folk to have at least one joint session.

Many people within the Ceilometer project are working hard to decompose
its various bits of functionality to make it more usable in diverse
toolchains. Making sure that the extracted alarm system (now called
Aodh) and the forthcoming extracted polling system will be useful to
Monasca is a priority.

Some parts of Ceilometer (the data gathering aspects perhaps?)
presumably have greater potential use to Monasca than others (the
legacy mongodb and SQL-based datastores). Working together to
ensure interoperability of the important parts would be good.

I think present-day Ceilometer and Monasca are working on the same goal:
Making an alternative to the old Ceilometer. It seems likely there is
some productive collaboration that can happen?

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent