[openstack-dev] [Keystone] [Horizon] Federated Login

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Sat Aug 8 14:35:47 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 00:11, Dolph Mathews wrote:

>     As a federated end user in a public cloud, I'd be happy to have a
>     custom URL / bookmark for my IdP / domain (like
>     http://customer-x.cloud.example.com/ or
>     http://cloud.example.com/customer-x) that I need to know to kickoff
>     the correct federated handshake with my IdP using a single button
>     press ("Login").
>

> The benefit of the first example is that I can easily setup DNS to
> redirect cloud.customer-x.com <http://cloud.customer-x.com> to
> customer-x.cloud.example.com <http://customer-x.cloud.example.com>,
> where example.com <http://example.com> is my public cloud provider. The
> benefit of the second example is that it's completely trivial for the
> public cloud provider to implement.

How do you expect this to work when the public service is listed in some
public directory or search engine like google?

How will any user from any organisation know how to contact this
service, http://service.com?

Should it be
http://service.com/myOrg
http://service.com/Organisation
http://service.com/Org.com
the potential values for the name of each IdP are endless. Users will
never know what to use, remembering also that the URL is case sensitive.

regards

David