[openstack-dev] [tc][ptl] ATC passes for big tent projects wont be generated if repos are predictively listed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Aug 8 03:39:05 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-07 23:35:33 +0000 (+0000), Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> I just wanted to give a heads up to fellow new members to the big
> tent (and the TC) that don’t have the correct repo listed today in
> the projects.yaml file in the governance repo that according to
> fungi [1] those projects contributors will not receive ATC passes.
> According to clarkb in the same log, no rename is planned at the
> moment. My solution to this temporary problem is to correct
> projects.yaml to reference the existing Kolla repository, and not
> predictively expect a rename to happen ahead of the ATC pass
> generation. I hope the foundation can take into account a rename
> and ATC pass generation so [2] can be reverted with appropriate
> review time for the TC.
[...]

I've worked out a fix to remap repos which only differ by namespace,
which is probably the majority. https://review.openstack.org/210685

I'll attempt to check proposed renames which also change project
shortnames and work around them manually, but that's no guarantee.
If you have contributions only to projects which are misnamed in the
governance repo, and as such don't receive a code in this coming
week's batch, please let me know so I can try to solve whatever
additional mappings may be missing.

With over 750 repositories in our Gerrit now and at least some in
the middle of being renamed at any given point in time, it's likely
there will be some gaps. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
--
Jeremy Stanley