[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Do we have test coverage goals?

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 18:22:34 UTC 2015

The recent split of the unit and functional tests in ceilometer
shows some interesting test coverage data. With just what are now
called the "unit tests" coverage is a meek 58%. With both the unit
and functional (what used to be the standard coverage run) the
coverage is a still kind of meek 84%.

Do we have, or do we want to have, a particular coverage target for
the code. Or if not all the code then at least some sections of it?

Do we want that metric of coverage to be against just the unit tests
or unit and functional?

Note that these numbers are thrown off quite a bit by various
artifacts like database migration files so are not a super accurate
overview of true test coverage, just a (potentially) useful indicator.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent