[openstack-dev] [kolla][tripleo] Deprecating config-internal

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Aug 7 14:21:28 UTC 2015

James and Dan,

During the ansible-multi spec process that James Slagle reviewed, there was a serious commitment by the Kolla core team to maintain config-internal, pretty much for the tripleo use case.  We didn’t want to leave our partner projects in the lurch and at the time Ryan/Ian’s implementation of tripleo containers were based upon config-internal.  It would be immensely helpful for Kolla if we could deprecate that model during l3, and I think Dan’s judgement is to use config-external (with some additional beefing up of some of the containers like snmp+ceilometer compute plus possibly some other minor solveable requirements).

Can I get a general ack from the tripleo community that deprecating config-internal is a-ok so we can just remove it before being stuck with it for Liberty?  I don’t want to deprecate something we committed to supporting if there is still requirement from the tripleo community to maintain it, but it would make our lives a lot easier and thus far the config-internal case is really only for TripleO.

Comments welcome.

Thanks!
-steve