[openstack-dev] [Heat] OS::Neutron::Port fails to set security group by name, no way to retrieve group ID from Neutron::SecurityGroup

jason witkowski jwitko1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:10:37 UTC 2015

Hey All,

I am having issues on the Kilo branch creating an auto-scaling template
that builds a security group and then adds instances to it.  I have tried
every various method I could think of with no success.  My issues are as
such:

1) OS::Neutron::Port does not seem to recognize security groups by name
2) OS::Neutron::SecurityGroup has no attributes so it can not return a
security group ID

These issues combined find me struggling to automate the building of a
security group and instances in one heat stack.  I have read and looked at
every example online and they all seem to use either the name of the
security group or the get_resource function to return the security group
object itself.  Neither of these work for me.

Here are my heat template files:

autoscaling.yaml - http://paste.openstack.org/show/412143/
redirector.yaml - http://paste.openstack.org/show/412144/
env.yaml - http://paste.openstack.org/show/412145/