[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Puppet] Deploying OpenStack with Puppet modules on Docker with Heat

Sam Yaple samuel at yaple.net
Thu Aug 6 02:09:43 UTC 2015

 On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Dan Prince <dprince at redhat.com> wrote:

> ...snip...
> -The external config file mechanism for Kolla containers only seems to
> support a single config file. Some services (Neutron) can have multiple
> files. Could we extend the external config support to use multiple
> files?

Yes! I would actually prefer a rework. We implemented that in a hurry but
if you look at the initial commit messages we knew it was a stop-gap until
a better idea came along. We need to have some way to do this dynamically
or at least in a more readable way. I had a thought of laying down a json
file with the contents being which files to copy/move/change permissions on
and reading that in. In that way the config-external script never actually
changes and the deploy tool can determine which files would get pulled in
by the way it lays down that json file.

I rejected using a '*' match for security reasons but also because some
configs need to go to different places. In the case of neutron, the
neutron.conf will be in /etc/neutron and the ml2_conf.ini will be in
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2. So I don't think '*' matching will work. We are
open to ideas!