[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Quobyte Cinder Driver revert?

Robert Döbbelin robert at quobyte.com
Wed Aug 5 13:27:40 UTC 2015

Hi all!

Thank you Mike for proposing the revert of the revert. Today I prepared a
change that tackles the docstring issues. As being new to the OpenStack
development process, I didn't manage to upload it to Gerrit today. Most
likely I'll get it uploaded tomorrow.

Best regards,
Robert Doebbelin

> On 8/3/2015 10:23 AM, Mike Perez wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It was discussed on the mailing list, and at the weekly meeting. Mike had
>>> had no response on the issue from the listed contact email, and the CI
>>> was
>>> reporting failure for every patch for two months

>> As Duncan stated, this was a two month issue. Deadline or not, that's
>> unacceptable from Quobyte. I have proposed a revert of the revert
>> since these are stable now. however, I expect responsiveness to issues
>> in the future.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208528/
>>
>> --
>> Mike Perez

> I guess there isn't a quobyte connector in os-brick yet, but just a
> reminder that there is a libvirt volume driver in nova for talking to
> quobyte [1].  It'd be good to get a heads up on the nova side when the
> cinder team is removing drivers so that we can do the same if it's a
> permanent removal.  This is where I expect the liaison thing to come in
> handy.
>
> [1]
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/libvirt/volume/quobyte.py#n99
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Riedemann

*Quobyte* GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2 - 10623 Berlin - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender