[openstack-dev] [trove][qa][stable] gate-trove-functional-dsvm-mysql needs some stable branch love

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 5 13:27:20 UTC 2015

Trove changes on the stable branches are blocked on bug 1479358 [1]
because a change was made to fix trove-integration on master for liberty
but didn't take into account that those scripts are branchless and
therefore need to work on stable/kilo and stable/juno as well, where we
have capped versions of libraries it uses (like python-openstackclient).

The gate-trove-functional-dsvm-mysql job is now running on stable
branches for compat so we don't break stable again once it's fixed, but
we're still blocked on just getting it to work at all.

I tried a fix [2] that isn't working on stable for different reasons.

I'm not actively pursuing getting this fixed and therefore really need
people from the trove team to step up here and get their CI house in
order.  Otherwise the alternative is we don't run the
gate-trove-functional-dsvm-mysql job on stable/juno and stable/kilo
since it's not working and I haven't seen much impetus to get it working.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove-integration/+bug/1479358
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/207193/

Matt Riedemann