[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Common Base class for agents

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 05:42:20 UTC 2015

We discussed this in ML2 sub-team meeting last week and felt the best
approach is to implement this agent in a separate repo.

There is already an on-going effort/plan for modular L2 agent. This agent
would be a perfect candidate to take on that effort and implement it for
macvtap agent. Once done, this could be moved over under neutron tent and
other agents could be moved over to utilize this framework.

Either of option 1 or 2 could be utilized to implement this agent. Keeping
it in a seperate repo keeps the it from impacting any other agents. Once
all ready and working, others could be converted over. You get the best of
both words - i.e. quick implementation of this agent and a framework for
others to use - and plenty of time to bake the framework.

thoughts?

Sukhdev