[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Container Networking Spec

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Tue Aug 4 18:13:08 UTC 2015

All,

The container networking spec below has gone through a fairly significant design change in the past few days. To summarize, Magnum will not create any new network plugins or network-specific abstractions to support container networking. Instead, the spec suggests standardizing on libnetwork [4] and its associated Container Network Model to support a range of container networking implementations. The Magnum community intends to integrate with Kuryr [5] in the long-term and both communities are starting the integration planning process [6].

I would like to thank everyone who provided feedback on the spec. If you have provided feedback to earlier patch sets, I ask that you review the latest patch set and provide an updated vote. If you issue a -1 vote, please include specific feedback on what is needed for your +1/+2 vote.

[4] https://github.com/docker/libnetwork/blob/master/docs/design.md
[5] https://github.com/openstack/kuryr/blob/master/doc/source/design.rst
[6] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/magnum-kuryr

Regards,