[openstack-dev] [puppet] Move to rspec-puppet 2.2.0

Sebastien Badia sbadia at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 11:52:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 12:38:55PM (-0700), Cody Herriges wrote:
> Seemingly simple proposition of moving from rspec-puppet 2.1.0 to 2.2.0
> so as to address the issue of helper library loading that is shipped as
> part of a few of our modules.  In my specific case, puppet-vswitch's
> puppetx library directory and its use by puppet-neutron.  This is part
> of the effort to get all the modules passing tests on Puppet 4.
>
> The upstream rspec-puppet commit:
> https://github.com/rodjek/rspec-puppet/commit/d4278834d5236deb497b84fbd937bc33e6a717a3
>
> puppet-modulesync-configs: https://review.openstack.org/189886
>
> I already shipped for review, a msync based update to all managed module
> based on the above review on puppet-modulesync-configs.  If there are no
> objections to this, I'll clean up them and get them passing.  In the
> mean time I'll go through and just mark them all WIP.

Hi Cody!

Sorry for the delay… And even if it seems to be more complicated than expected
to have msync integrated with infra¹, it's maybe the time to run our initial
sync for our puppet modules.

I've an action about that, according the latest meeting², but you already have a
couple of patchs for this initial sync, can I use and update your patchs³?

Seb

¹http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/071036.html
²http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/puppet_openstack/2015/puppet_openstack.2015-07-28-15.00.html
³https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:msync_rspec_version,n,z