[openstack-dev] [nova] API for getting connection info from console token

Radoslav Gerganov rgerganov at vmware.com
Tue Aug 4 11:18:17 UTC 2015

There is an API (os-console-auth-tokens) which returns the connection
info which correspond to a given console token.  However this API works
only for RDP consoles:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/plugins/v3/console_auth_tokens.py#L49

Why do we have this restriction?  We need the same API for MKS consoles
as well.  I have posted the following patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208998/

but I'd prefer to remove the type check altogether and make it work for
all types of consoles.  I don't see any reason to restrict the API only
for certain types of VM consoles.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Rado