[openstack-dev] [nova] Thoughts on things that don't make freeze cutoffs

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:13:32 UTC 2015

+1 to "pushing for is creating Nova subteams with their own core
reviewers, which would be experts and trusted to +2 on a defined
subset of code."

Oslo has cores who can +2 any of the oslo libraries and each Oslo
library has its own cores as well. We tend to elevate karma quickly
for cores between libraries and from library core to the main core. So
this is working well and could be something Nova can adopt. (oslo
library == nova sub team).

I used to think that subteam +2 karma with informal boundaries may be
better, but nova cores may be more comfortable with explicit
boundaries and karma elevation.

...But anything is better than status quo!

Thanks,
dims