[openstack-dev] [python-neutronclient][neutron] sub-project client extensions

Fawad Khaliq fawad at plumgrid.com
Tue Aug 4 11:10:57 UTC 2015

Folks,

In networking-plumgrid project, we intend to implement client side for some
of the vendor specific extensions. Looking at the current implementation
for client side for some vendors, I see the code is part of
python-neutronclient tree [1]. I do see this change [2] talking about a way
to load extensions through entry points, however, I could not find any
example extension module.

Has anyone gone through the route of implementing out of tree extensions
for Neutron client, which extend python-neutronclient shell and load at
run/install time? With decomposition phase II, it makes sense to keep the
client side in the respective projects as well.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/python-neutronclient/tree/master/neutronclient/neutron/v2_0
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/148318/16

Thanks,