[openstack-dev] [manila] [third-party][qa]: Tempest plugin concept: 3rd party CI

Marc Koderer marc at koderer.com
Tue Aug 4 06:37:10 UTC 2015

Hello Manila team,

as discussed in the Manila mid-cycle we want to move forward with the tempest
plugin porting. The initial patch is already up and ready for review [1]. For
more details please see [2].

Please note that 3rd party CI systems may need to be adapted. All tests are
currently moved from contrib/tempest to manila_tempest_tests/. From now on the
tests are discovered automatically, so please make sure that you don’t copy
them into tempest directory. The usage of venv can be problematic currently.
Make sure that you use a Tempest without a venv or activate system-site-
packages within the configuration.

I will add this topic to the next Manila meeting to discuss the next steps.

Regards
Marc

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/201955/
[2]: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/qa-specs/specs/tempest/tempest-external-plugin-interface.html