[openstack-dev] [all] Need volunteers to test coverage 4.0 alpha release

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 3 20:11:52 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Brant Knudson's message of 2015-08-03 10:32:51 -0500:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> > Do we have anyone willing to spend some time looking at the
> > incompatibilities Ned mentions below to ensure that we have a smooth
> > transition when 4.0 moves out of alpha?
> >
> > Doug
> >

> Seems to work ok with keystone. There were a couple of problems running it
> but they were easy to work around.
>
> When starting, "Unrecognized option '[report] ignore-errors=' in config
> file .coveragerc"; removed the section and didn't get the error:
> -
> -[report]
> -ignore-errors = True
>
> At end of run, "Couldn't read data from '/opt/stack/keystone/.coverage':
> CoverageException: Doesn't seem to be a coverage.py data file"; deleted
> .coverage and ran again, I think it was left over from old run.
>
> Results are like:
> Old summary: Total   16846   1442    194     4239    434     90%
> New summary: Total   16846   1442    194     4239    435     90%
> it found another "Partial" line somewhere.
>
> -- Brant

Thanks, Brant, that gives me more confidence that we won't have big
issues absorbing the update. The gate won't have old coverage files,
and it's an easy enough work-around to suggest to folks that they
remove their old data if that error occurs.

Doug