[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Quobyte Cinder Driver revert?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 3 19:37:19 UTC 2015

On 8/3/2015 10:23 AM, Mike Perez wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It was discussed on the mailing list, and at the weekly meeting. Mike had
>> had no response on the issue from the listed contact email, and the CI was
>> reporting failure for every patch for two months
>>
>> On 3 Jul 2015 17:33, "Silvan Kaiser" <silvan at quobyte.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello!
>>> I just found the following commit in the cinder log:
>>>
>>> commit a3f4eed52efce50c2eb1176725bc578272949d7b
>>> Merge: 6939b4a e896ae2
>>> Author: Jenkins <jenkins at review.openstack.org>
>>> Date:   Thu Jul 2 23:14:39 2015 +0000
>>>
>>>      Merge "Revert First version of Cinder driver for Quobyte"
>>>

>>> Is this part of some restructuring work, etc. that i did miss?
>>> I could not find a gerrit review for this and had no prior information? I
>>> did not see any related information when i did my weekly checks of the
>>> cinder weekly meeting logs and am confused to find this commit.
>>>
>>> We're still working on the CI issues discussed on the CI mailing list and
>>> am fully aware that we've to get this stably reporting. This is not a
>>> removal because of the CI issues?
>>> Best regards
>>> Silvan Kaiser
>
> As Duncan stated, this was a two month issue. Deadline or not, that's
> unacceptable from Quobyte. I have proposed a revert of the revert
> since these are stable now. however, I expect responsiveness to issues
> in the future.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208528/
>
> --
> Mike Perez

I guess there isn't a quobyte connector in os-brick yet, but just a
reminder that there is a libvirt volume driver in nova for talking to
quobyte [1].  It'd be good to get a heads up on the nova side when the
cinder team is removing drivers so that we can do the same if it's a
permanent removal.  This is where I expect the liaison thing to come in
handy.

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/libvirt/volume/quobyte.py#n99

Matt Riedemann