[openstack-dev] [kolla][announce] Announcing the release of Kolla Liberty-2

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Aug 3 16:34:38 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

the Kolla community is pleased to announce the release of the Kolla Liberty 2 milestone.  This release fixes 77 bugs and implements 18 blueprints!

Our community developed the following notable features:

* Source building of containers

* Ansible Deployment for core services

* High availability

* Cinder V2 API

* HAProxy

* memcached

* Config-external/config-internal config strategy

* Ubuntu support

* Expanded Oracle linux support

Source build for the following containers on CentOS, Ubuntu, and Fedora:

* Keystone

* Heat

* Cinder

* Magnum

* Ceilometer

* Zaqar

* Barbician

* Horizon

* Nova

* Neutron

* Designate

* linuxbridge
* Gnocchi

Ansible deployment for the following services:

* MariaDB w/ Galera

* RabbitMQ

* Kolla-bootstrap - Container that does db sync command

* Glance

* Neutron

* Nova

* Keepalived

* haproxy

* openvswitchd

* linuxbridge

For full details, check out our launchpad tracker [1].  For Liberty-3 our main focus willbe functional gating, completion of Ansible deployment, containerization of dependencies such as shade, a logging strategy, and more!

We have a really solid crew of reviewers that are not on the core team.  We hope that folks interested in joining the core reviewer team will continue reviewing - we definately appreciate the reviews!  As the PTL I’d also like to see folks doing a lot of code work to branch out into reviews so we can add you to the core reviewer team.  For some short statistics of our reviewer activity check out [2].

[1] https://launchpad.net/kolla/+milestone/liberty-2

[2] http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&module=kolla