[openstack-dev] [nova][oslo][policy] oslo.policy adoption in Nova.

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 3 11:13:25 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Davanum Srinivas (dims)'s message of 2015-08-03 06:46:26 -0400:
> Doug,
>
> All the features needed for Nova to work is present in oslo.policy
> (i.e. all features from old oslo-incubator copy is present in
> oslo.policy)

Great! I was worried that the copy local to nova had somehow been
modified or extended and that work hadn't been carried over to the
library.

We should try to find someone to write the blueprint/spec for the
new features, and to do the implementation work, but until they are
identified we should not postpone migrations to the supported
versions of the policy code. The incubated version has already been
deleted, so at this point the only way for a project to receive
fixes or features for policy code is to move to the library version.

Doug