[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Aug 3 08:22:42 UTC 2015

Flavio Percoco wrote:
> [...]
> So, to summarize, I love the effort behind this. But, as others have
> mentioned, I'd like us to take a step back, run this accross teams and
> come up with an opinonated solution that would work for everyone.
>
> Starting this discussion now would allow us to prepare enough material
> to reach an agreement in Tokyo and work on a single solution for
> Mikata. This sounds like a good topic for a cross-project session.

+1

The last thing we want is to rush a solution that would only solve a
particular project use case. Personally I'd like us to pick the simplest
solution that can solve most of the use cases. Each of the solutions
bring something to the table -- Zookeeper is mature, Consul is
featureful, etcd is lean and simple... Let's not dive into the best
solution but clearly define the problem space first.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)