[openstack-dev] [tc] Who is allowed to vote for TC candidates

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Apr 29 19:45:39 UTC 2015

On Apr 29, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I find it curious that the TC is elected by those within the developer community but TC candidates talk about representing the operator community who are not allowed to vote. Operators meaning Admins, Architects, etc. It sounds like this is something most TC candidates want which most would agree is a good thing. At least I think so. ; )

I think that the reason may be that historically the people on the TC have come from the dev side of things, and as a result the ops side has been ignored (or not given sufficient attention). Since this is something that we are now all aware of, and since developing OpenStack is kind of worthless if it can't be deployed and run well, this is the area we more or less agree needs improvement. How we might go about improving it is where you may see differences.

-- Ed Leafe