[openstack-dev] devstack, persistant configaration when openstack nodes(controller/compute/...) reboot

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Wed Apr 29 18:08:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Kamsali, RaghavendraChari (Artesyn)
<RaghavendraChari.Kamsali at artesyn.com> wrote:
> ·         Why devstack didn’t start services automatically when openstack
> nodes reboots.
>
> ·         How to re-create the devstack, suchthat whenever nodes reboot , it
> ‘ll configured as previous configuration (i.e bringing up all the services
> as usual ).

DevStack is really not meant to operate this way, as devstack is not
running the OpenStack projects as system services.

>From the FAQ[0]
Q: Can I use DevStack for production?
A: No. We mean it. Really. DevStack makes some implementation choices
that are not appropriate for production deployments. We warned you!

[0]http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/faq.html

-Christopher