[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 29 16:12:19 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-29 11:48:36 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Maish Saidel-Keesing's message of 2015-04-29 18:28:45 +0300:
[...]
> > How about the fact that the definition of an ATC was changed [1] for a
> > free Summit pass? [2]
>
> I could be wrong, but I don't think that was a TC decision. I believe
> that was set at the foundation level, since they organize the event.
[...]

Yes, that was a decision made by the event organizers at the
OpenStack Foundation, primarily to reduce the planning problems
associated with people who exercise the free registration but then
don't attend the event. It also allowed them to keep the number of
free passes down to a reasonable couple thousands of contributors.

To be clear, that decision did not involve the TC at all. Also there
has been an effort not to call them "ATC" passes because the
definition of "ATC" is necessarily tied to the technical committee
electorate. Instead these are complimentary passes offered by the
OpenStack Foundation for current contributors to make it easier for
them to get involved in planning sessions at the Design Summit
(which runs in parallel to the conference). While it also gets them
access to the conference sessions and expo hall, there are many like
me who don't take advantage of that since the Design Summit itself
occupies pretty much all of their available time anyway.
--
Jeremy Stanley