[openstack-dev] [Congress] [Murano] Congress devstack installation is failing in murano gate job

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Apr 29 13:21:08 UTC 2015

I just looked at this run (linked in this message) -
http://logs.openstack.org/04/171504/6/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/3b2d7e1/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz

stevedore==1.3.0 is installed, never 1.4

The failure is completely unrelated to anything there -
http://logs.openstack.org/04/171504/6/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/3b2d7e1/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-04-12_14_06_25_237

On 04/29/2015 09:12 AM, Serg Melikyan wrote:
> Hi Filip,
>
> In thirdparty-requirements for stable/kilo python-muranoclient should
> have following version: "python-muranoclient>=0.5.6,<0.6.0". But I am
> not sure that this will fix the issue, since we don't clearly know why
> stevedore==1.4.0 is installed.
>
> I see that python-keystoneclient does not have cap for stevedore in
> stable/kilo, but still not 100% that it is a reason why 1.4.0 is installed.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack/congress/blob/stable/kilo/thirdparty-requirements.txt#L4
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Filip Blaha <filip.blaha at hp.com
> <mailto:filip.blaha at hp.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello
>
>     We are facing an issue with Congress devstack installation in our
>     gate job testing murano-congress integration (policy enforcement)
>     [1] .  Congress devstack scripts install stevedore==1.4.0 as a
>     dependency of python-muranoclient without specified version [2].
>     However heat requirement in stable/kilo is stevedore>=1.3.0,<1.4.0
>     so heat engine is unable to start.
>
>     Is possible to fix by specifying  murano client version not to be in
>     confilct with heat requirements?
>
>     [1]
>     https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/murano.yaml#L42
>
>     [2]